Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oh the joys!!

Well, it's Sunday night and my sweet blessings are asleep. They are so super sweet. Desiree is the greatest blessing. She has made me appreciate everything I have even more than before we were blessed with her. She just makes everything happy! It's so funny how we have changed from AnnaBelle to Desiree. With AnnaBelle, we wanted her to sit-up quickly, crawl early, and walk and talk as soon as possible. Everything was rushed. With Desiree.....we are still not encouraging crawling yet although she is a curious little one and is starting to scoot to reach things. We don't want her grow up. "If they could just stay little." We spend the first 3 years of their lives teaching them how to walk and talk, and the rest of their lives telling them to sit down and shut-up.

I went to the library last week to see if they had a copy (by some miracle) of Twilight which is being read by everyone and their dog (I have a friend that has a dog that can read.) I went to the search engine and it said that they have 15 copies and they were all checked out but that they had one in the hold section. I thought I would check if the hold was off or if I could get on the hold list. So I asked the girl at the front desk (who was wearing the cutest necklace and I asked her where she got it,) if I could check out the one on hold if the hold was up, or if I could get on the hold list (thinking that I could get it when the other 14 copies were due.) She told me I could do it myself by putting in my info at the search computer or she could do it for me. I told her that she probably needed to do it because it would take me an hour to figure it out (I just don't get it,) and she asked what book. I told her Twilight and she said, "um......I think we have a lot of people on hold for that." Still not realizing that how much demand there was, I asked to still be on the list. She then told me that I was number 58 on hold (which basically puts me at May 2008.) I then said nevermind and that I would just borrow my mom's copy when she is finished (which will probably be today since she started it 2 days ago and is the miracle speed reader.) That was my exprience with the library that day.

3 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

That's funny! I just finished the third book. I might have a copy you could borrow, it belongs to Davy's sister but Noel has it now, she's done with it so maybe she could drop it by your house.

P.S. You might just want to buy it. It is so good you'll want to read it again and again.

Carlie said...

You'll love those books. I am about 1/2 way done with the third one. i'm so obsessed with them. Some people bought the rights to the book and are going to be making a movie. Can't wait! So excited. I'll prob read the books over and over till the 4th book comes out NEXT OCT or till the movie, whichever 1st.

Zoe said...

Yes, Marcello has enjoyed the series greatly!! LOL! You can borrow mine if you want - I think that Teryl is done with it. ;)