Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Here is a funny Christmas memory I have. I was thinking back to 5 years ago Christmas morning. Noah and I decided we would head over to my brother's since we didn't have any children at that time and life was pretty boring. We took a side road to get there (it was that year with the really bad snow storms and my work was cancelled for a week after Christmas because of it.) We were traveling in our 4x4 vehicle on a snowy road but didn't really think anything of it because we were in 4 wheel drive. Suddenly we hit a snow drift in the middle of the road and some black ice. We started spinning out of control and next thing I remember, we were upside down in a ditch. I was so out of it, that I didn't realize that we were upside down. I was only interested in knowing Noah was alright and getting out. I un-clicked my seat belt and landed on my head which resulted in a back injury. We couldn't get out because our doors were jammed and Noah didn't have cell service in the ditch. Windows were broken all around us. The back window was still in tact and luckily we were able to get that down to crawl out through broken glass every where. I was crying at that point because I felt like I was stuck in there. Finally we crawled out and were able to call for help. We called 911 and Johnny to let them know what happened. They didn't believe us for the first couple of minutes because I was crying in the background and they thought I was laughing. They soon figured out that we weren't kidding and quickly came to the accident. There were no cars around and neither of us were dressed very warm. We just had to wait in the cold, bleeding until someone came. We had cuts on our knees and hands because of the broken glass. The ambulance showed up soon and the county sheriff. They checked us out and asked us questions. That's when it occurred to me. "I'm pregnant!" I yelled. They told me I needed to get to the hospital asap because I was having some pains. They offered us an ambulance ride (but we were worried about the cost because I've heard horror stories. Little did we know that the car insurance would have covered it.) My parents drove us to the hospital and they immediately did an ultrasound to make sure everything was good. We got to see our sweet AnnaBelle for the first time and everything was fine. I had some major back problems for a little while and literally thought I was going to die but we made it through it. In the end, our cute Toyota 4runner was totalled and we got Noah a new truck. That was a very memorable Christmas morning. I hope we never have to experience that again! PLEASE drive safe this Christmas!!!
Friday, December 19, 2008
-Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping paper but I did buy a cute gift bag set of 20 at Costco this year. :)
-Real Tree or Artificial? I LOVE real trees and we had them until we moved to our current house. I am allergic so breaking out in hives is awesome while decorating it. Someday we'll go back but I must say that artificial is very convenient, especially pre-lit.
-When do you put up the tree? The Saturday after Thanksgiving.
-When do you take the tree down? After New Year's and "I cry the day that I take the tree down." I HATE that song!
-Do you like eggnog? No, I try every year but just can't do it. Tastes like dirt/milk.
-Favorite gift received as a child? An entire set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. All 4 of them Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, and Rafael. Sweet!
-Hardest person to buy for? Noah's rough. He likes the top of the line stuff that I can't afford.
-Easiest person to buy for? Both my girls. Anything pink basically.
-Do you have a nativity scene? I have 5 or 6 small ones.
-Mail or e mail Christmas cards? Neither this year. I'm lame :(
-Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The "motion picture" things I got one year from Noah. Those pictures that sound like water and move. Yeah, I got 2 of them. Apparently we're white trash and have a nail/tanning salon in our house. They wouldn't return them either. That sucked! Noah learned his lesson though. Buy from the list!
-Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Need you ask?????
-When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Thanksgiving. I'm one of the crazy's, although I did have an anxiety attack in Wal-mart this year.
-Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably a neighbor present or two.
-Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's chex mix. Any yummy treat.
-Lights on the tree? pre-lit baby
-Favorite Christmas song? Uh, just one? Oh Holy Night
-Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home cuz everyone lives here. Who would we visit?
-Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sure can.
-Angel on the tree top, or star? Rustic star. So cute!
-Open presents Christmas eve or morning? We usually open pj's on Christmas Eve but I'm not buying them this year because they have enough jammies. I can't even close the drawer.
-Most annoying thing about this time of year? Annoying people.
-Most favorite thing about the season? Family, tubing, the magic.
-Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Cute hand-made things I get from AnnaBelle to put on the tree.
-Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Anything my mom makes.
-What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing, Noah and I have made a deal that we aren't going to get eachother anything. I just want my family to be safe and happy.
I tag you!!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
I have some dreams over and over.
-that I am at Lake Powell and we hit a rock that we can't see underwater and we sink. I have a lot of sinking boat dreams.
-that I am back in high school or college and it's mid semester and I haven't been to class all year and I am failing. I try to make it up but it never seems to help.
-that I am in a play or have to do a musical number and I don't know my lines, song, or have anything prepared.
-that I forget my locker combination.
-that a train I am on or that is near me crashes. (Probably because we live a block away from the train tracks.)
-that I am being chased and I can't run. My legs are like sandbags. I also dream a lot that I am playing soccer or some other sport and I SUCK! Hate that dream!
I also have a lot of dejavu which freaks me out! I've had a lot of crazy dreams in my life. I'd like to hear about yours.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Noah is very excited and it has been what he has been talking about for 3 days straight.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
1- Bella's whining. Seriously??
2- The fact that he is white and cold. What's that all about? Hot guys are tan!
3- That he sparkled in the light. My "sparkly vampire?" Sounds a little sweet to me. (and by sweet, I mean gay!)
4- That he was a stinking vampire. Couldn't do it.
Anyway, to my surprise, I did like the movie. I only went because my friends in my ward bought me a ticket and dragged me to it (I'm a little anti-social right now.) Edward had to grow on me because he's not so cute. I pictured a "Kyle Korver/Ashton Kutcher" but whatever. I also thought Bella was not such a brat which was refreshing. I didn't venture into the next books because it took all I had to finish the first one. Especially now that I know that there are werewolves in the next one. Really? I might have to give it a go though since Jacob was hecka hotter than Edward and I guess he's a big player in the next one but a werewolf? Can't she find a normal guy? Anyway, hope no offense to those that love it. I know I love things that you probably can't stand. Like Gordon Ramsey. :)
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
1) Where did you meet? At a single's ward camp out. I saw him emerge through the fog and it was love at first sight.
2) How long till you got married? About 8 months. We met on July 13th and got married on Feb 2nd. Worst 8 months of my life!!!
3) How long have you been married? Almost 7 years. Crazy!
4) Your favorite feature of his? He's very athletic and can do anything. He's extremely handy and smart. He blows me away every day. Come see my new fence he put up over the weekend. I love it!
5) Your favorite quality of his? His honesty and integrity. He tells you like it is but does it with class.
6) Does he have a nickname for you? Honey or Babe. He calls me Ash too.
7) His favorite food? Anything. He will eat anything I make. It's really nice he's not picky!
8) What is his favorite sport to watch? All of them! Probably golf the most but we love to watch Jazz Basketball together. We both also love football.
9) When was your first kiss? August 2nd while laying in the grass in my parent's yard. It was very sweet and that was when it was confirmed to me that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.
10) What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go to Jazz games. It's a little expensive though so we settle with just watching them at home. We also love to just hang out with the kids and laugh.
11) Do you have kids? Sure do, AnnaBelle (4) Desiree (2) and little fetus (10 weeks.)
12) Does he have a hidden talent? He's pretty obviously talented. He's a VERY good singer and most people don't know that. He sounds like Trace Atkins.
13) How old is he? He will be 32 in March. But his grey hair would suggest otherwise :)
14) Who said I love you first? He did, and I immediately said it back
15) What do you admire most about him? How hard of a worker he is and his integrity.
16) What is his favorite type of music? I would have to say country but he likes everything except my favorite, gangsta rap!
17) Do you think he will read this? Nope. He could care less...another thing I love about him. He doesn't care what anyone thinks. :)
18) I tag: Carlie, Jenner, Bridgette, and Suzie
Sunday, November 30, 2008
-my family....immediate and extended.
I could get all mushy but I'm not in the mood. I'm thankful for a lot more than this but these are just a few things that make my life better and easier!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I've started to feel better. Not enough to actually do housework and laundry. I'm boycotting that. Actually, I found a cleaning lady that is going to come to my house twice a month. I can budget that in! She was supposed to come today but had to cancel last minute. I was bummed but we'll re-schedule. I thought Noah wouldn't go for it but he told me that if it's really something I want, then I can do it. Uh....duh?!?!?!
I've started doing application process and data entry for the United Way and their Sub for Santa program. It's a fun work from home thing and I get paid so that's nice! Obviously it's a seasonal thing since Sub for Santa only comes once a year.
Sweet baby Luke is so dang cute, I could just squeeze him!
I can't wait for Thanksgiving, even though it's a McKinnon year. It's just not the same as Renita's but it'll still be fun. We set the time to meet for 1:00 pm. Who wants to place a bet that we don't eat until at least 5:00? Any takers? I also can't wait for day after Thanksgiving shopping! I LOVE IT!!!
That's what's happening here. A whole lotta nothin!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
"It's my body, I'll tell whoever I want, whenever I want. Your job is over, mine is just beginning." So there :)
I'm kinda mean when I'm pregnant. Especially when I'm hungry.
I got to see sweet little Luke Stanley Vernon born. You never really appreciate or fathom how absolutely amazing birth is until you see someone you love do it. It was so exciting! I am going to return the favor by letting Cyd watch mine. It's something else I tell ya! That sweet baby is heaven sent for sure.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
I hate abortion. I have a problem with anyone who thinks it's okay. However, I do think that women should have the right to choose. If someone is raped and becomes pregnant, she didn't have a choice. If a woman's life is in danger, she has the right to defend herself. A woman who engages in un-protected sex or sex in any way, made her choice at conception. I guess I can be called pro-choice???
I also have very strong feelings about Proposition 8. Let's just pray that it works out how it should to protect marriage and the family. I don't have a problem with homosexuals. I do however have a problem with gay marriage.
I don't agree with socialism, affirmative action, government healthcare, and people wanting something from the government because they think they are owed something. I think government programs are good for people who really need them. I have no tolerance for people who use and abuse programs like that.
In the song it says "I'm not out to change the world or tell some other person how to think." This is how I feel. That's the beauty of living in this great nation, we all have a right to our own opinion.
At the end of the song it says "You shouldn't fly the flag to simply decorate your place, you don't show up to church on Sunday just to show your face, and even if we don't deserve it God still loves the human race with all His heart, that's just the way I feel."
Some may call me close minded. If clinging to my guns and religion means I am closed minded, then I welcome that statement. That's just the way I feel.
Okay, here are the rules: Go to your pictures, go to your 6th folder, pull up your 6th picture and post it! Here is what I found:
Desi's 1st birthday and her digging into her cake. What a sweety!
Now I tag anyone who loves chocolate or cheesecake :)
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
- My favorite music is hip hop/rap and I know every word to every song of Eminem's first album (not that it's something to be proud of.)
- My least favorite chore of all the chores is getting gas. I HATE IT!
- I could live on doughnuts and cake alone. No lie!
- I hate swimming.
- I would love to be a mother and baby nurse, a detective, or a special ed teacher.
- Baking is not my forte.
- I like the smell of cigarettes, coffee, and skunk (thanks to Pa.)
- Exercize is not part of my vocabulary.
- I get a "want to die because it hurts so bad" pain in my side while I am pregnant-hence the reason I am not.
- I pull on hair on myself and my family-hence the reason I have no eyelashes.
-I never forget movie and tv quotes. I have a top score in The Office quote game.
-I have a photographic memory and whenever I tell someone that, I usually say photogenic memory for some reason. Duh!
-I am allergic to everything!
-I don't like most chocolate.
-My most embarrasing moment was when I was trying out for SUU's show choir and they made me sing Rockin Robin and I said Roppin Roggin every time.
I'd like to hear your quirks now!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Here are my favorites:
Dwight- "I'm going to randomly select three names, and these three people will get liposuction...okay......Stanley, Phyllis, Kevin....and you will be responsible for your own medical expenses."
Kelly- "I'm on the 3rd day of my cleanse diet. All you have to do is drink maple syrup, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and water for all three meals. I just bought some bikinis online, size 2 so....I'm gonna look amazing."
Jan-"Remember last week when that girl went missing? Guess who's candles they used for the vigil?"
There are so many more!!!! What was your favorite quote or part??
Here's my favorite of all time! (I am apologizing in advance for the language.) Sung to the Oompa Loompa song.
"Oopma, Loompa, Doopidy Dawesome,
Dwight is now gone which is totally awesome!
Why did he leave he was such a nice guy?
No he was not, he was a total douche. Doopidy doo."
Ha ha! Yes! Now you.....go!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
On that note....I still have a cute chihuahua pup available if anyone wants her. She's super cute and almost potty trained. :)
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Me- "Sweety, there isn't a baby in my belly."
AnnaBelle-"Are you sure? It's fat enough for one to be in there and it's soft."
Awesome! My kid just told my I'm fat. Where's the nearest gym? Oh yeah....it's a block away!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Favorite tv show-Tom and Jerry
Favorite animal-elephants and giraffes and puppies
Favorite food-macaroni and cheese
Favorite toy-"my new Barbie, but I lost it."
Favorite game-candyland and chutes and ladders
Favorite inside activity-playing with Desi
Favorite outside activity-playing in the sandbox
Least favorite thing to do- my chores
Favorite place to visit-Liverty (liberty) Land
Halloween costume this year-Raggedy Andy
What do you want to be when you grow up-a mommy and have babies
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Our chicken coups
Cyd getting ready to make a major sale!
We duct taped the grass to the roof and they fell of mid-day. Maybe that's why we didn't win the award this year. Hmmmm....
BTW, if the "Chick it out" signs look familiar...yes....they are from the Target Easter line. Nothing like getting free signs from Target. :)
Monday, September 15, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
9- Watching my amazing dad lift heavy walls at his ripe age (thanks dad!)
8-Setting up the booth in the dark (3-5 pm set up time isn't enough before dark.)
7-Waking up on Friday at 6:30 to techno music on Cyd's phone alarm. Waking up Saturday morning to the announcer for the 5K.
Announcer-"Wake up campers, let's get this party started"
Me- "SHUT UP!!! It's frickin 6:00!!!"
6-Making hot chocolate, getting stuff ready, trying to start the scooter in the cold (to no avail,) walking in the cold to the booth, taking down the stupid tarp, having people buy stuff before the tarp is even down.
5-Compliments from shoppers on our cute stuff and booth.
4-Spooning with Cyd in one sleeping bag cuz it was FREEZING!
3-Riding scooby to 7-11 and Mountian Top Restaurant with my pregnant sister hanging on for dear life behind me. Almost wrecking 17 times.
2-Making more the first day then we made in the last 2 years, COMBINED!!!! AH!
1- Having an awesome time with "the best sister in the world!" Laughing until we peed and reaping our rewards for hard work.
Thanks Cyd! It was a great time! Thanks to Noah, Rich, Dad, and Mom for all of your help. It WOULD NOT have been possible without all of you! We owe you a big steak dinner.
I am going to try out for the olympic trampoline flip team. That's been my favorite event so far. Noah said that he has never even seen me do a flip on our trampoline so at 11:00 pm last night, we went outside and I showed him my mean back flip. I immediately went back inside and changed my underwear.
We are heading to go camping today. Should be fun! I am excited. Luvs!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
Sunday night, we left for registration at 6:00 pm because Cyd has "night church." I picked her up thinking that we would be a while. I packed snacks, water, an umbrella, and every & any form of i.d. I have. (Literally.....Cyd was laughing....I had my drivers license, passport, social security card, 2 marriage licenses, and birth certificate. Just in case...you know.) We arrived at Energy Solutions Arena and parked in a great free parking spot. I was worried though because it was for only 2 hours but thought I could come move it if needed. We walked up the steps and there was a table of about 20 American Idol workers just waiting to register someone...because we were the only 2 there. I scanned the people...avoiding the white haired, crosseyed, bearded man to the right and went toward the cute, friendly girl. She smiled and took my i.d. She checked my birthday (which is really close to being too old) and gave me a red wristband. They gave Cyd a hot pink wristband and a gave us both a V.I.P pass and told us that we could come at 7:00 am on Tuesday instead of 5:00 am and we automatically get to go to the front of the line. Why??? I was so confused. Then they said "because your friend is pregnant." SWEET!!! I knew I took Cyd for a reason! We were done in 2 minutes and headed home. We were back around 6:45.
I didn't sleep at all on Monday night. Not because of nervousness or gitters, just because I was so excited to be a part of it. I have loved American Idol since season 1. I felt like I did when I was a little kid the night before going to Lagoon. I woke up at 5:30 and got myself ready. I picked Cyd up at 6:15 and headed for Salt Lake. When we arrived, we about died at all of the people. They were doing group shots and everyone was screaming. We could hear helicopters and police. We didn't experience the craziness outside because of our V.I.P treatment. We went right inside with another group of pregnant women, people in wheelchairs, and bald people with funky bandanas on. We felt bad that we were labeled as "diabled" when Cyd was perfectly fine to stand in line in the heat for hours (just a few days earlier, she was lifting boulders in her back yard.) But it was nice to not have to. :)
We took the elevator downstairs and arrived on the main floor. As we entered the arena, it looked smaller for some reason. I was used to entering it with 20,000 screaming Jazz fans. I did find a poster of D Will and blew it a kiss for good luck (you were in my heart baby!) They showed us to our padded seats. (Oh..and they let us bring in all of the treats we brought because she was pregnant.) We sat and waited for the crowd to arrive. All while being entertained by the funny black guy that was teaching us our audition city song. I found Suzie and Lindsay in the crowd and gave them a big wave. Cyd and I sat next to the winner of Salt Lake Idol. He was pretty secure about his singing ability and made it known. His darling little wife was a cutie though (I thought she was Kelly Pickler at first.) He told us that this was his 6th year of trying out (time to give up the dream pal.) After chatting for a while, they decided to go find someone to "inform them" that he was the Salt Lake Idol and they had him go to some "special seating." Cyd was so incredibly annoyed with him at that point. She can't stand short, somewhat chubby guys who think they are the shiz. We laughed at him for a while. Then we got to know the couple sitting next to us. He had a broken arm and they were an engaged couple from Las Vegas. This was his 2nd year of trying out. They were very cute and fun to hang out with.
After singing "Aint No Mountain High Enough" about 50 times, the crowd was settled and we learned "Get Ready" by The Temptations. They started taking group shots of everyone while singing and yelling things like "Welcome to Happy Valley....AHHHHHHH!" We weren't in the section that got much camera time but then again we were on the floor so I doubt they would have showed us anyway. There were random camera men coming around taking pictures and video and we got on a few of those. Cyd got her own shot with a the cameraman shooting her belly and her saying "American Idol 2028!" Maybe we'll make it on :). After many group shots and a lot of yelling, we were tired but we kept laughing at people. There was a very large girl and her larger mom in a motorized chair that were so excited to be there, that we were sure they were going to have a heart attack. At one point, she tried to jump out of her chair and slipped and felt flat on her butt. There was also the very large black woman in red sequins from head to toe, and the girl in the blue shirt that Cyd was so annoyed with. :)
Finally they started to bring out the tables. They explained that they would be auditioning in sections but that the "disabled" group could audition whenever they want. We decided that we would watch for a little while and then I would go. I had to go to the bathroom so I went upstairs and found a swarm of people at the concession stands and all of them were singing. It was already a competition and you could tell that they were trying to show the other person that they were good or better than them. I went into the bathroom and there were 20 girls with curling irons and make-up kits. I just had to pee. So I did my thing and went back for my seat (not before blowing another kiss at another Deron poster.)
We moved our chairs right in front of the auditioning tables so we could see and hear better. That's when I decided that I was ready to go. I got in line and they placed me with 4 other people. They have you audition in groups of 4. Each person does their audition and waits for the others to audition. After all 4 have sung, they bring you forward and tell you if one or none, or all have moved on. So far in the hour that we had watched the auditions, we had only seen 4 tickets given and one of them was to Gabe, the Salt Lake Idol..yuk! As I waited in line, the people around me were singing and talking about where they were from and the long trips they had to take to get there. Washington, South Carolina, Idaho....I was glad I only had a 20 minute drive home at that point. I wasn't nervous. I felt good and knew that whatever happens, it would happen for a reason. They moved us to our table and there were 3 groups ahead of us. Right before the group ahead of us began, they paused the auditions and welcomed a very special guest...who do you think?? Yep...Ryan. I don't see the appeal personally but he was very fun. Cyd shook his hand and he looked right into her eyes (and then she peed her pants.) After he did his thing for an hour or so..you know...."Salt Lake is where Archie hails from...is the next American Idol from here? This....is American Idol.. AHHHHHHHH!" More yelling and screaming, and flashes, and girls swarming him. Finally it was done and we started the auditions again. There was a girl in front of me in a red shirt that was killing me. She was a larger girl with bright red hair. She kept giving us advice like "when you're singing, think about what you're singing about and who you're singing it to. That really works for me." Great! Thanks! (She was terrible and I thought for sure they'd keep her just to make fun. Sad!) Next, we were up. I was on the end and they started with the first guy. He was black and was really good. Next was a girl from South Carolina. Ummmm...okay. Next was the shy girl from Idaho...not so great....and then it was my turn. I gave the judges a big smile, told them my name, and that I would be singing "Almost Like Being in Love" by Nat King Cole. They nodded and I started. I sang it the best I could and they were jamming along with me. I sang the entire song and they said "great, thank you." Then they put the clip board in front of their faces and discussed for about 30 seconds. Then they brought us all up and said "some of you have great potential. Unfortunately, we don't have the time or luxury to work with you. We are looking for something specific and you don't fit that. You are not competing with the people in this arena, you are competing with the Chris Daughtry's and Carrie Underwood's, but thanks for coming." We said thank you and went through the curtain to the area where they cut off your wristband and escort you out. I was just so excited to be able to experience it. I had so much fun!!!
Cyd and I stuck around for a few minutes and watched our friends from Vegas. By the time we left, we saw a total of 8 golden tickets given. It was noon. When we came outside, we saw Big Budda but avoided that because there's nothing like being interviewed after going through the loser tunnel. The greatest thing about it is that thousands of people would go through that tunnel and a few wouldn't so you don't feel too bad.
We had so much fun and I'm so glad Cyd and I went and spent that fun time together. We laughed, we ate, we sang, we peed a little. I highly recommend the experience to anyone (and always bring a pregant or disabled friend, or cancer patient with you!) :) Yeah for American Idol!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Wishing a Happy Birthday to our sweet daughter AnnaBelle. 4 years ago we were blessed with the most beautiful and sweet child. Today we went to Liberty Land to celebrate. The girls loved it! It was a fun day.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
2. How long have you been married? 6 years last February (time flies!)
3. How long did you date? 6 months
4. Who eats more? We both can put it away!
5. Who cooks dinner? Me, Noah can't even boil water :)
6. Who said I love you first? Noah did and my heart skipped a beat!
7. Who is taller? Noah by a foot and 2 inches
8. Who sings better? Noah's got a boomin bass voice but I can sing a note or two
9. Who is smarter? Noah is extremely smart. We are both smart at certain things
10. Whose temper is worse? We both are even kill. Both chill and don't really care.
11. Who does laundry? Me, every once in a while he'll help out if he doesn't have socks or underwear :)
12. Who does the dishes? Me, but he'll do them if they are taking over the kitchen
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Noah
14. Who pays the bills? Noah, I hate money!
15. Who mows the lawn? Noah. I mowed the lawn for 10 years as a kid and swore never to do it again!
16. Who is more daring and outgoing? We both are outgoing but I'd say Noah's more daring. I'm ridiculously afraid of heights.
17. Who drives when you are together? Noah, until we get a minivan. :)
18. Who is more stubborn? We both are stubborn. The silent treatment lasts a while in our house :)
19. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Noah. I'm always right!
20. Who is older? Noah by 3 1/2 years, but his gray hair makes me feel like I'm married to a distinguished, older man.
21. Who proposed? Noah. It's far too long a story to tell. Come watch the movie :)
22.Who kissed who first? Noah did and it was so cute and romantic.
23. Who has more friends? Me by far! I have too many to count. I LOVE friends. Noah is happy with his few really good friends.
24. Who has more siblings? Noah by a dozen! Just Kidding, there are 5 kids in my family and 8 in his.
25. Who wears the pants in the family? I would never tell Noah that I do but.....I do. :)
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Well, the show had to go on, so we did get our new royalty and the pageant was a success. We had a wonderful crowd, a wonderful MC (thanks Johnny,) and a great production. Johnny called Noel at the beginning of the pageant and that was really sweet. I cried through most of the pageant. Mainly because I was amazed at the growth of each girl and how far each of them have come. I hope each of them had a good time and learned something about themselves. I think it takes a special person to be a pageant contestant. They were all amazing!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
With Miss Lehi, it seems like once one thing ends, on to the next! The parades start immediately that next weekend in Springville so we need to get measurements and buy dresses to match the float. The next week after that is Round-Up and what a crazy week that is! I am also sad to say goodbye to Jami, our current Miss Lehi. She has been such a great representative of the city.
Time to gear up for the 2nd craziest week of the year for me (the #1 craziest week of the year for me is and will always remain Swiss Days week on Labor Day. AH!) Luckily Traci is the best thing that ever happened to the program and the only reason the pageant is going to be a success! I love you Traci and thanks for being so insanly amazing!
See you at the pageant!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
1-Mommy, when are we going to get there?
2- Mommy, is that Las Vegas? (Nope, it's Nephi)
3- Mommy, the DVD isn't working!!!
4- Daddy, I need to go potty!
5- Mommy, when are we going to get there?
6-Mommy, Desi put the microphone on my lap (headphones)
7- Mommy, I need to go potty really bad!
8- Mommy, is that Las Vegas? (Nope, it's Beaver)
9- Mommy, Desi is pulling my hair!
10- Mommy, when are we going to get there because I need to go potty!
Ah.......the joys of traveling with toddlers!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Last night we had pre-school graduation. AnnaBelle was so excited although, I don't think she knew what it really meant. They did a little program with things they learned during the year including their nursery rhymes. AnnaBelle was the loudest one and you could hear her over all the other kids. She wouldn't smile or wave or anything because she was concentrating so hard. We are very proud of her!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Happy Birthday Mom and Avery!!!! I have the most amazing, wonderful mom! There are not enough words to express how much I love and admire my mom. She is the queen of everything and I am so eternally grateful for every moment that I get to spend with her. It's been almost 1 year since her last chemo treatment and she is now cancer free. That was absolutely the worst year of my life, but she was always strong and kept us all together. I don't know what I would do without her. She is the greatest! I love you mom!!!
Happy Birthday little Avery! You sweet little thing! Love ya!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.- Unknown
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Little Miss Lehi Party
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Open House Style
At the Lehi Legacy Center
123 N Center St Lehi
$20 per child
for girls of all ages
Come enjoy games, crafts, prizes and a tea party with the Queens
Miss Lehi, Jami Thacker and
Miss Utah, Jill Stevens
Register at http://www.lehicityarts.org/
Or at the door!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
And also....................................WHAT THE HELLen Keller was that all about Jazz? I don't even want to talk about it. I put a scratch in my wood floor because I threw the remote across the room. PIECE of CRAP!!!!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
2. Skipped school? Are you kidding? I was the queen of sluffing. Every time we had sports marketing, we would go to Cari's house and eat homemade bread and vitamin d milk. No wonder I was chubby!
3. Watched someone die? Yes, we witnessed a car accident when I was younger. She was ejected from her car. I can still remember her name.
4. Been to Canada-No, and I really don't have a desire to. Way too cold! My dad served his mission there and BRRRRRR.
5. Been to Mexico? Many times. I won a free trip before I got married from R.C. Willey and I took my mama. Our honeymoon was the best trip though. :)
6. Been to Florida-Many times again!
7. Been lost-I got lost in V.F. Factory Outlet when I was little. I was scared!
8.Been on the opposite side of the country? Many times again, again!
9. Gone to Washington , DC? No but I REALLY want to! We may go this time next year to pick up Noah's sister from her mission in Philly. Then we'll go to DC while we're there.
10. Swam in the ocean? Yes, and I hated every minute of it. Too many foreign things. Scuba Diving in MX, swimming with sharks in Hawaii.
11. Cried yourself to sleep? Before giving birth. Both times.
12. Played cops and robber? When I was little with my boyfriend/cousin J.D. Akward?
13. Recently colored with crayons? They're all we have.
14.Sang Karaoke? Do you know me at all?
15.Paid for a meal with coins only? Sometimes but I feel dumb when I do
16. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? Lots of things!
17.Made prank phone calls? Is your refridgerator running? Well, you better go catch it! Ha ha!
18. Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? No, but it'd be fun!
19. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes and I still am. WHERE'S SPRING???
20. Danced in the rain? Yes. So fun!
21. Written a letter to Santa Claus? Noah is my santa and I give him a list.
22. Been kissed under the mistletoe? yep.
23. Watched the sunrise with someone you care about? Yes, when Noah and I dated. We would stay up all night long.
24. Blown bubbles- All the time.
25. Gone ice-skating? Not too long ago. I fell and hurt my bummy!
26. Been skinny dipping outdoors? Yep, when Noah and I dated. Oops, I wasn't supposed to tell!
27 Gone to the movies? Huh? Of course!
28. Any nickname? Too many.
29. Apple or PC? I don't know??
30. Favorite drink? Crystal light
31. Tattoo? Perminent makeup :)
32. Body Piercings? I pierced my tongue once. Dad still doesn't know about it.
34. Favorite vacation spot? Lake Powell or Hawaii
35. Ever been to Africa? I wish!
36. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Last night.
37. Ever been on TV? 3 times in one week!
38. Ever steal any traffic sign? Yes, and had to go to court for it and do community service
39. Ever been in a car accident? Christmas morning 2003, pregnant. Rolled and totalled the car. Not fun!
40. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle?4 door
41. Favorite salad dressing? Ranch, raspberry vinegarette at Thankgiving Point.
42. Favorite pie? I don't like pie.
43. Favorite number? 4
44. Favorite movie? Pride and Prejudice
45. Favorite holiday? Halloween
46. Favorite dessert? Vanilla Creme Wafers
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Now I am just trying to fill in the blanks in the yard. My ivy isn't growing as fast as I hoped. I planted it along our ugly add-on white siding and it's slowing coming along. I need some way to teach it to grow up on the house. Any suggestions? String isn't cutting it.
Next week we are putting in a fence in the back yard. We have a section that is gravel and sticker bushes that holds all of Noah's ugly construction equipment. I want that to be hidden. Luckily my sister was replacing her fence and gave us her old one. It's white vinyl and in great shape! Then we are putting in a black picket wood fence in the front yard. It's just a little plain out front and I have wanted that fence since we moved in. Noah said he would build it for me. Amazingly enough, we also got all of those materials for free too. Call me frugal eh? I LOVE KSL! It just takes some elbow grease and a couple of days. Luckily my husband is handy!
Anyway, I will post pics of the before and after. I'm sure you're all totally bored by now. Thanks for reading!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
1 lb sausage (browned)
1 lb bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1 pkg hash browns (shredded)
1 cup shredded cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
In skillet, cook bacon and crumble. Brown sausage and remove with slotted spoon. Saute onions and peppers in drippings. Beat eggs and milk in large bowl. Stir in all ingredients. Place in greased pan. Bake uncovered at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. (To make two seperate servings, put half in one small casserole dish and half in another. Line pans with tin foil. Bake. Remove from oven. Let pan cool and put in freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer, remove casserole and tin foil from casserole dish, wrap in more tin foil and freeze to eat later. Re-heat in microwave or on lower temp in oven. I also had a little more left and made breakfast burritos.)
Happy Conference weekend!
Friday, April 4, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
**And FYI- I'm not dirty or anything. It just seems to be the place we end up after girl's night because there's an anniversary or birthday coming up. I don't buy stuff. Okay, that's not true. I'm not gonna lie. Now I'm just digging myself into a hole. Oh well. We've all done it right? I'm done.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
"If there's a place you gotta go,
I'm the one you need to know. I'm the map.
I'm the map, I'm the map.
If there's a place you gotta get,
I can get you there I bet. I'm the map.
I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the map, I'm the map!"
It's like someone was supposed to bring a new song idea to a meeting and forgot so they just made it up on the spot and the "Dora" people liked it.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Here are some pictures of our Easter celebration at Gram and Papa Revill's house. As you can imagine, they aren't hurting for sweets or toys.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
"At that honky tonk badonkadonk.
Keepin' perfect rhythm.
Make ya wanna swing along.
Got it goin' on,
Like Donkey Kong,
Shut my mouth,
slap your grandma.
There outta be a law,
Get the Sheriff on the phone.
Lord have mercy,
how's she even get them britches on
That honky tonk badonkadonk"
Oh Trace. Again....I ask WHY!! But I'm still pullin' for ya Cowboy!
Des is learning sign language. She can sign "more," "full," and "please." Very cute and necessary. She has two deaf cousins that she will grow up with so it's important she knows it. She's a smart little cookie! AnnaBelle can also sign a lot of things. She's really good!
We are doing great. We miss everyone. It seems like we have been anti-social this past week. Maybe because my play ended and I haven't had much adult interaction. Wendy is up for Easter so that has been fun. Her daughter (my niece Kortnee,) cried when she found out that Amanda was voted off American Idol. Bless her heart for being Amanda's only fan. :)
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Ok I was tagged. Thanks Les!
10 Years Ago:
I was 17, going on 18. I was a junior in High School. I was probably playing spring soccer, getting ready for the prom (I was the committee chair for 2 years,) and preparing for our Encore trip to San Diego, CA.
5 Things on my list to do Today
1. Order shoes from China
2. Clean the house
3. Go to my neighbor's house and practice a musical number I was asked to sing at the Young Women's New Beginnings. (Weird that they asked me cuz I'm not in YW anymore.)
4. Pick up 6 pizzas for my musical theater class that ends tonight. It's their final performance. They have done a great job. I will miss them!
5. Watch the Jazz kill the Raptors at Cyd's house with my entire family after my show
What would I do if I were suddenly a Millionaire?
Pay off the debt for our development. Give some to my parents, and each of my siblings. Give some to Noah's parents and his siblings. I'd run out fast too because there's a lot of them :). Get Baby Chicks to go global!
3 Bad Habits
1. Pulling out my eyelashes. I know....it's a terrible habit.
2. Going to bed late
3. Eating too many creme vanilla wafers :)
5 Places I've lived
1. Lehi, UT
2. Saint George, UT
3. Cedar City, UT
4. Saratoga Springs, UT
5. Lehi, UT again
5 jobs I've had
1. Collating paper at Community Press
3. Secretary and Clerical work at Centaur Print Partners
4. Regional Account Manager/Customer Service Rep for Spanish clients at Access Development
5. Baby Chicks Co-Owner
5 things you may not know about me
1. I have broken my nose at least 3 times
2. I broke my tailbone in college in a tubing accident and had to walk with a cane and sit on a blow-up donut thing in class. My OBGYN thought we'd have to do c-sections because of it. It stills hurts :(
3. I hate to exercise. I have no excuse. I just do. Unless I am chasing a ball, I won't do it. I stay busy and that's how I exercise.
4. I have crushes on the following: Matthew Fox, Deron Williams, Justin Timberlake, and of course Ewan McGregor. Ah.....Ewan!
5. Someday I will try out for American Idol (I only have 2 more seasons and then I'll be too old) and be on Ellen and Conan. My dream is to host Saturday Night Live.
Where will I be in 10 years?
I will be 37 so I am sure I'll be done having kids. AnnaBelle will be 13 1/2, so we will be dealing with boys and hormones. I hope to have 5 or 6 kids. In reality, I will be a happy soccer mom, living in our dream house on our 11 acres by Thanksgiving Point. We will have our farm that we want. Baby Chicks will be successful.
In my dreams......I will be the most successful American Idol ever! I will record an awesome record and re-define the LDS music industry that drives me crazy! Baby Chicks will go global. We'll be on Oprah and then sell the business for Billions. Okay, back to reality. That was fun!
I tag Natalie Crocket, Hollie Christiansen, and Jesica Lindsay!!! :)
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
How 'bout them Jazz? Not too shabby!
I don't understand Nascar. What's that all about?
Should I cut AnnaBelle's bangs? Can I perm or straighten my hair even though I bleach it? My hairdresser says yes but I am scared. I need either straight or really curly hair. My hair is just frizzy. RRRRR!!!!!
I love Conan. He makes me laugh. I also love Saturday Night Live. I laughed a lot on Saturday.
My new favorite movie of all time is Pride and Prejudice. I don't understand 1/2 of what they are talking about during it but it's great.