Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I need a nap!

So........it was a crazy week last week and I'm not gonna lie, I'm glad it's over. I am sad to not see the contestants each week. They were all so much fun. As many of you know, I got a phone call on Saturday morning from Natalie. She told me that her sister and one of our wonderful contestants, was sick and at the urgent care. I just crossed my fingers that it wasn't anything serious and that we would see her at 12:00 at interviews. After a few text messages that she was going to the emergency room and then one saying that she was being admitted into the hospital, I knew it was serious and there was a big chance that she wouldn't be participating that night. All of us involved were devistated. Many of the girls waiting for interview were crying and worried about her. She went into surgery soon after and I had a hard time thinking about anything else. It was difficult for me because her older sister Natalie is one of my closest friends. I saw them both yesterday and she is doing great.

Well, the show had to go on, so we did get our new royalty and the pageant was a success. We had a wonderful crowd, a wonderful MC (thanks Johnny,) and a great production. Johnny called Noel at the beginning of the pageant and that was really sweet. I cried through most of the pageant. Mainly because I was amazed at the growth of each girl and how far each of them have come. I hope each of them had a good time and learned something about themselves. I think it takes a special person to be a pageant contestant. They were all amazing!

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Oh the drama! Another successful Miss Lehi Pageant! Congrats! Love you, we need to hang out....I hate to mention it, but its two months and counting before we leave!

Natalie Kay said...

Poor Noel! Thanks for being so sweet and understanding about the whole ordeal. Did you get your nap?