Saturday, June 14, 2008

Buck-Up Little Camper

We went camping last night. It was a last minute decision. It was 7:30 pm and we decided to go. Noah was going to go help out with the scout camp-out but they didn't really need him so he thought he would stay home. We were trying to figure out what to do with our time. Since it was too late to travel to Springville to watch the Miss Lehi girls in their parade, we were deciding between a movie or camping. Since it is soon to be Father's Day, I thought I would give Noah what he wants since it is almost his day. Normally I would fight camping with all of my might but now that we have our cute little camping trailer, it's not so bad. We went out to our land out by Thanksgiving Point (which is approximately 4 minutes from home.) We parked our trailer, made a fire, hiked around the land, made future building plans, and ate hot dogs and smores. It was a great time. Sleeping was another story. Our "double" bed which is more like a roomy twin (Andrew Barnard) is the most uncomfortable bed ever and on top of that, one of our stupid chihuahuas couldn't hold their bladder and peed in the bed. ARE YOU SERIOUS! Plus the two of them fight for the space by my stomach and they have little dog fights under the covers all night. At one point, Noah threw one of them across the trailer. Before the sun came up, Noah decided to sleep on the top bunk and we actually got a few minutes of sleep. After a groggy morning, we woke up and made french toast. Then we went on a bike ride on this great bike trail. AnnaBelle wasn't feeling well and had to keep visiting the "poop rock" and that's when we decided to break camp and hit the 4 minute drive for home. We had a fun time.

2 comments:

coltin-n-connersmommy said...

what a fun time. we have a cabin so we dont do much
camping" I wish we could "camp" more. it;s a lot of fun, but then again it's about 2 1/2 housrs away. Lucky you, that it's only 4 min. away.

Smith Family said...

I think I would have packed up sooner! I'm not much of a camper though, I like the comfort of my own bed. :) I bet your girls loved it though. I need to do that more often for my kids.