Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

Just wishing everyone a safe and Merry Christmas!

Here is a funny Christmas memory I have. I was thinking back to 5 years ago Christmas morning. Noah and I decided we would head over to my brother's since we didn't have any children at that time and life was pretty boring. We took a side road to get there (it was that year with the really bad snow storms and my work was cancelled for a week after Christmas because of it.) We were traveling in our 4x4 vehicle on a snowy road but didn't really think anything of it because we were in 4 wheel drive. Suddenly we hit a snow drift in the middle of the road and some black ice. We started spinning out of control and next thing I remember, we were upside down in a ditch. I was so out of it, that I didn't realize that we were upside down. I was only interested in knowing Noah was alright and getting out. I un-clicked my seat belt and landed on my head which resulted in a back injury. We couldn't get out because our doors were jammed and Noah didn't have cell service in the ditch. Windows were broken all around us. The back window was still in tact and luckily we were able to get that down to crawl out through broken glass every where. I was crying at that point because I felt like I was stuck in there. Finally we crawled out and were able to call for help. We called 911 and Johnny to let them know what happened. They didn't believe us for the first couple of minutes because I was crying in the background and they thought I was laughing. They soon figured out that we weren't kidding and quickly came to the accident. There were no cars around and neither of us were dressed very warm. We just had to wait in the cold, bleeding until someone came. We had cuts on our knees and hands because of the broken glass. The ambulance showed up soon and the county sheriff. They checked us out and asked us questions. That's when it occurred to me. "I'm pregnant!" I yelled. They told me I needed to get to the hospital asap because I was having some pains. They offered us an ambulance ride (but we were worried about the cost because I've heard horror stories. Little did we know that the car insurance would have covered it.) My parents drove us to the hospital and they immediately did an ultrasound to make sure everything was good. We got to see our sweet AnnaBelle for the first time and everything was fine. I had some major back problems for a little while and literally thought I was going to die but we made it through it. In the end, our cute Toyota 4runner was totalled and we got Noah a new truck. That was a very memorable Christmas morning. I hope we never have to experience that again! PLEASE drive safe this Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Smith Family said...

I remember that. I'm so glad that you guys were o.k. We are going to my moms tonight but we are debating on telling Roberts family that we should get together on Christmas night. It's supposed to be really bad weather. I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas!!

Bridgette said...

I don't think that was a funny Christmas story at all! A Christmas Miracle would suit it better! Love you, last night was a blast!

Suzie said...

I totally remember hearing about that from your mom and being so relieved that everyone was ok.
Something you'll never forget for sure!
Merry Christmas and drive safe!