Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to normal

Well, now that Miss Utah week is over, we can try to get back to normal. It was such a fun week! I am glad I got to be a part of it. I had my favorites for the title and unfortunately, none of them got it but I do really like the girl chosen. She is a darling girl and will do a great job. I had so much fun with my friends. Carpooling together and eating after the pageant. My mom and Jean did an amazing job and it was a wonderful production! Today is laundry day since we are running low on everything! We are also low on food so I need to get to the store. We are sick of eating sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I need some new (and easy) meal ideas. Any suggestions???

3 comments:

Misty said...

Taco Soup:
Cans of Diced Tomatoes
Optional: Tomato soup, tomato paste, tomato sauce
Can of Corn (drain juice)
Can of Kidney Beans (rinse & drain)
Optional: Different varieties of beans
Taco Seasoning
Optional: Hidden Valley Ranch packet
Optional: Olives
Browned Hamburger Meat, Shrimp, Chicken or any other meat of your choosing. I even do soy meat for my vegetarian hubbie.

I left off the quantities on purpose because I always just add to taste or the amount that I like. If I don't have diced tomatoes, I just blend up my whole tomatoes. And if it seems a little runny, I add tomato paste. It's one of those recipes that you can just add what you have on hand.

This is my favorite recipe when I need to make something quick and it will feed as many as you need to feed, with few ingredients. Heat & simmer on stove and serve with cheese, sour cream & chips.

Ashley McKinnon said...

Thanks! Sounds yummy! Taco soup is one of Noah's favorites!

Suzie said...

Cafe Rio: 756-9088


Sorry. That's all I got.
What is it with summer and cooking! I have a tough time every year.

You're mom/whole fam did an awesome job at Miss Utah. Amazing job!