Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun with the Fam-Damily

We had a fun week this week. On Wednesday we headed to Lava Hot Springs for the 4th of July with my entire family. Other than almost drowning in the river and breaking my ankle and wrist, we had a great time. We went to a swimming pool there, tubed the rapids, and played at the sud fest. We watched dozens of people set off illegal fireworks that they no doubt went to Wyoming to buy and then we watched the Lava fireworks on the hill (do they have laws in Idaho?) We came home on Saturday afternoon after being pulled over for expired registration and Noah's expired license (oops, that's gonna be a hefty ticket.) Not an hour later, we had the trailer packed to go to the McKinnon family reunion in Hobblecreek canyon near Springville (might I add, that I am a little "camped-out?") We stayed up there for dinner and came home Sunday morning after breakfast. It was good to actually meet that side of his family (and not just me, it was the first time Noah had met some of his cousins.) We had a Sheriff behind us and of course the trailer isn't registered either (what is our deal?) but he obviously had another agenda because he didn't pull us over (after a few prayers.) 2 different vehicles in one day with expired registration and Noah still having the expired license....... I think they would have cuffed him. Anyway, we had a great weekend. Miss Utah week is here and it's going to be crazy! All of my mom's hard work all year is going to pay off come Saturday! Tomorrow is AnnaBelle's birthday. The BIG 4 years old! She is so excited she can't even stand it. Such a cutie!

9 comments:

leslie jo said...

You seriously broke your ankle and wrist? Did you have to go to the Lava Hospital. Was the river just raging? i can't wait to go there in Aug. I am glad you had a fun Fourth and that Noah got to meet cousins. Take care and good luck with Miss Utah

Ashley McKinnon said...

He he! I guess I should have listed that it felt like I broke my ankle and wrist and they hurt really bad still but I am sure they aren't broken. Noah and I decided to take a single tube down the river...dumb idea....and I fell off in some of the rapids and couldn't get back on and I got pretty scraped up but I'm fine. Probably just a good sprain and some major bruising. I went on the next run so that tells you how much fun it was. My sister Wendy and I went down a waterfall we called the "gauntlet."

Misty said...

Aside from your broken bones, you guys have the best of luck. I am serious when I say that the day my vehicle expired, I would probably get pulled over. Just a few days after my license expired (and I forgot to get it renewed) I got an e-mail from my boss' to let me know that I needed to renew.

CrAzYfUnFaMiLy said...

hello, you have such cute girls, we are josh and jess (the forset side of mckinnons) you are such a good singer! and it was fun meeting you and your family, what's the deal with the miss utah thing?

Ashley McKinnon said...

Hi Jess! I can't figure out how to post on your blog so I thought maybe I would respond on mine. You're babies are so cute! It was great to meet you guys. Your husband is hilarious! Oh and, my mom is in charge of Miss Utah so that's what's the deal with that :)

CrAzYfUnFaMiLy said...

hey ashley,
does the rest of the brian side have any blogs?

Ashley McKinnon said...

I don't think so. I haven't found anyone that does. We have a website but it requires email and passwords and stuff and that's how we keep in touch.

CrAzYfUnFaMiLy said...

hey what is baby chicks???
were you ever in the miss utah??
you do look familiar to me......my sister inlaw was in miss spanish fork and junior miss..

Ashley McKinnon said...

I was Miss Washington County in 2000. I went to Miss Utah in 2001. Baby Chick is my little company that I have with my sister. :)