Thursday, August 7, 2008

Puppies!!!

Hooray! The puppies are here! They arrived between 10:00 and 11:30 this morning. Chaquita had 3 puppies, all are girls. One brownish/tan and 2 black. They are so incredibly cute. She struggled with the first one so I had to assist a little bit. I had rubber gloves and birthing pads on hand and they came in handy. The second baby came very easily and about 5 minutes after the first. The 3rd puppy was a little difficult and we almost lost it. She pushed for about 10 minutes and finally had it. It wasn't responding so I rubbed it for a little while and it finally came to. We are so relieved that Chaquita is doing good and the puppies. It's going to be so fun! Come see them if you like!

Puppy #1
Puppy #2 (sorry, kinda graphic)
Puppy #2
Puppy #3
Mom and her cute pups!

8 comments:

Misty said...

So crazy - the miracle of life. Congrats mommy Chaquita!

leslie jo said...

Congrats!

Natalie Kay said...

I want to come see! How fun! Is AnnaBelle so happy? Will you keep them all?

My Barratt Family said...

Hi there friend... lets do lunch! I am finally Pregnant! We are so excited.

Kortnee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kortnee said...

So cute!!!

Unknown said...

Ashley very cute puppies! I would want one. Yes I am crazy. But it is neat to see what a dogs instincts are.
Congrats!

About Me said...

I have to say that I was a little grossed out witnessing the whole 'dog birthing' thing...but I'm so glad that I got the chance! It was pretty awesome and Chaquita did so good too! :) Maybe I'll have to take one, we'll see!