Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bummer....

I know this is going to sound ridiculously stupid and I might lose a friendship over it or even respect from people but I am totally bummed that shark week is over on the Discovery Channel. I love shark week. I should have been a marine biologist or something because it totally intrigues me (even though I am scared to death of all marine life and deep water.) I will try to figure out how to post the video of us swimming with the sharks in Hawaii. I have literally never been so scared in my life. We also went snorkeling with turtles on that trip but the absolute worst was when I went scuba diving in Mexico on the free trip I won from R.C. Willey with my mom (she got pooped on by a giant lizard.) After 1 hour of scuba instruction, they threw us in the water and basically said "good luck." It was the worst hour of my life. I breathed in so much salt water and got stung by a jellyfish on my face, right below my mask. When I asked them what I should do because it hurt SOOOOO bad, they said "uhhhh???? we don't know." So I peed on my own hand and put it on my face. It was sick but it helped. Okay....maybe it's a good thing I didn't venture into marine biology but I still like shark week. I'll stick to my couch and tv to enjoy marine life.

3 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I don't think we can be friends anymore.....

leslie jo said...

you are soo funny! What a neat thing to learn about you? How is your new calling?

Bridgette said...

Ash, I knew from a young age we were meant to be....I also love watching shark week!....although, I didn't catch any of it this time. Its that whole moving to Georgia thing taking up all of my time!
ps Why did I never hear of this peeing on your face thing?! Love it!