Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hey.....free bushes, trees, and fences! Why not?

Well, some lady in West Jordan was getting rid of a bunch of bushes in her yard and so I went and picked them up (well, I actually dug them up. Hard work!) We'll see how well they do. I put 3 of them in the side yard section. They are smaller bushes with pink and yellow flowers. They are not sprouting anything which is good for transplanting. If they don't sprout something in the next month, I'll know I killed them. I got 4 large rose of sharon bushes, and a gigantic lilac tree. I planted them along our back fence so when they start growing, I won't have to look at our white trash neighbors yard. (I think they have a meth lab going on over there and I'm not kidding!)

Now I am just trying to fill in the blanks in the yard. My ivy isn't growing as fast as I hoped. I planted it along our ugly add-on white siding and it's slowing coming along. I need some way to teach it to grow up on the house. Any suggestions? String isn't cutting it.

Next week we are putting in a fence in the back yard. We have a section that is gravel and sticker bushes that holds all of Noah's ugly construction equipment. I want that to be hidden. Luckily my sister was replacing her fence and gave us her old one. It's white vinyl and in great shape! Then we are putting in a black picket wood fence in the front yard. It's just a little plain out front and I have wanted that fence since we moved in. Noah said he would build it for me. Amazingly enough, we also got all of those materials for free too. Call me frugal eh? I LOVE KSL! It just takes some elbow grease and a couple of days. Luckily my husband is handy!

Anyway, I will post pics of the before and after. I'm sure you're all totally bored by now. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I'm not bored at all! I love watching shows like Flip That House or whatever. I'm sure your yard will look beautiful. Sometimes I'm sad I don't live there anymore. Sometimes.

:)

Suzie said...

Love that you are blogging your house projects. Almost as much as seeing your cute girls. (more pics of them, please!)

KSL classifieds rock.
and so does a handy hubby!

Ashley McKinnon said...

You miss living here until you turn on your heater in the winter and it's warm or your a.c. in the summer and it's cool. What's up with the tempurature upstairs? We got a new a.c. unit for this summer instead of the useless swamp cooler.

Smith Family said...

Next time I need something I'm going to let you know, you have a knack for finding great deals. Sounds like your yard is going to be amazing!

Kennedy, Brexton, Sadie, Dallin, Jumper said...

I love hearing all that you are doing. We can't do much with base housing. You are frugal but I prefer to call it gifted at finding things. You are the best.