Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kicking myself

Our house May 2005. We now have black shutters, a black porch, and black doors and windows. This old charmer was built in 1898. It's the 13th oldest home in Lehi.



Well, I am kicking myself because last year, I pulled a bunch of "weed looking" plants from my front yard. They looked like grass or weeds so we started pulling them and up came onion looking bulbs. I thought that was weird that there were bulbs. I thought about calling Susan (the previous home owner) to see what they were but I didn't. Well, we pulled them all and now some are starting to come back this year. Last year, we pulled them so early, we had no idea there were flowers on them. Now they are starting to sprout flowers and they are beautiful. I was looking through some pictures and found a picture of the house 2 years ago when we first bought it. Look at the beautiful flowers. That's exactly what I want my side yard to look like. Like a wildflower garden. I don't like gardens that look like they are too pruned. Anyway, I am attempting to save the bulbs that made it a second year and try to fill in the extra with some plants I will have to buy when it gets warmer. Just think.....if I would have called Susan, I could have the beautiful wild garden I want and not have to pay for it. Darn it!

6 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

:(

I'm sorry.

Bridgette said...

Bummer.....but I'm sure it will look beautiful again once you are done!

Smith Family said...

I love what you have done with that house, inside and out. That's never fun to find out you got rid of something you actually wanted. I can't wait for it to finally warm up so I dare to plant stuff without it getting so cold it ruins it all!

Suzie said...

your house is outstanding. I just wish you would have called HGTV do you could have been in a before/after show.

and don't worry about the flowers. I'm sure you'll kill many-a-bed in your years there. ;)

Suzie said...

that should have read , "so you could have..."
not, "do you could have"... unless it made more sense as in..."DOH, you could have been...."




ok. done.

Ashley McKinnon said...

Got it Suz :)