Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I vow....

to never take Spring and Summer for granted again. I have never had Spring fever so bad as I do right now. I CAN'T WAIT until the grass is green and the flowers are blooming. Winter needs to end ahora!

I've decided that I really enjoy cooking. I don't necessarily like to make difficult or time consuming things. Just good, old fashioned, rib-sticking food that makes you feel good. I love the sweet thank you's I get from my girls as I dish them up something warm. "Thank you for making this yummy food mommy." AnnaBelle says that at every meal. I like to make up my own versions and I never follow a recipe exactly. I am always on the look out for easy, good things to make. We have a few staples in our house that are family favorites.

Sloppy Joes
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Enchiladas
Chicken Alfredo Macaroni
Tomato Hamburger Macaroni
Bean Burgers
Burritos
Spaghetti
Fajitas
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Tonight I am trying out French Dip from a left over chuck roast from Sunday. Please pass along any easy meal ideas you might have and tell me your family favorites. :)

5 comments:

Misty said...

A favorite at our house is Taco Soup:
Diced tomatoes
Hamburger
Kidney beans
Corn
Taco seasoning
Tamato paste or sauce

Serve with cheese, sour cream and chips. You can make it quick, feed a lot and it's awesome!

Bridgette said...

I know how to solve your spring fever problem! Just move to Georgia! We are enjoying 60s and 70s right now! Love being able to play year round outside! What about breakfast for dinner? That's my easy fix when I need to make something fast.

Suzie said...

You named many of my stand-bys.
I use my crockpot so much in the winter.

Pork roast for tacos or burritos
Chicken Noodle Soup
Baked Potato Bar
Sweet & Sour Chicken

AnnBelle's so sweet. :)

cwilson said...

I am so done with winter too...Let's go visit Bridgette together!
I've been addicted to the food network lately...so if you want to try some fun recipes that take too much time let me know!

Kortnee said...

Try to put the spegetti on a hard taco shell. There you have a spegetti taco!!!! Never had but they look good!!!