Sunday, March 15, 2009

What have I turned into?

I really hate to admit it but I have turned into the lady that usually drives me crazy at the checkout. I am the one who brings a stack of coupons and annoys everyone behind her. My sister told me about this website that she uses that has helped her cut her grocery bill in half. I've decided to try it and I have saved so much money. I know it's only available in certain areas. The website is called grocerysmarts.com. The passport to access the website is g84ccl. It's completely free and they don't even ask for your email. The only cost that I have is the Sunday paper that I get each week for additional coupons but that's not necessary to save money. Last week I went to the store and my total was over $90. Then she started scanning my coupons and my total was $37. I'm a believer!!! The website takes practice and a little bit of teaching to master. If any of you are interested in learning about it, I would be happy to show you. If there are enough people interested, we could have one of their consultants come and teach an actual class. Like I said, it's free and there's nothing to buy. They get paid from advertisements on the website and by a kick back from the paper. There's a consultant coming to my ward enrichment in May as well and my ward is so excited that they don't want to wait that long! It's really a fun thing and it's made me enjoy grocery shopping (which I usually DREAD) but now I look forward to it to see what kind of savings I get every week.



I also have found a store that I love. They sell awesome produce at crazy prices. I've started going there since stores don't usually have coupons for produce. You just get the price per pound that they are advertising. Wednesdays are their "produce specials" day so I go on Wednesdays. Last week I bought 7 oranges, 9 apples, 12 roma tomatoes, 2 onions, 12 kiwi, a head of lettuce, a cantelope, 2 boxes of pre-cut mushrooms, and 3 cucumbers for $10. I thought they had made a mistake but they hadn't. It's just that cheap! It's called Buy Low and it's in Provo by Movies 8. www.buylowmarket-utah.com/. We are all really excited. I even got my mom on board. She saved $40 last week. :) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know about my adventures in coupons.

5 comments:

leslie jo said...

welcome on board. I have been using grocery smarts for about 1.5 years now... well actually a website that is better but uses GS for it's shopping list. www.pinchingyourpennies.com try it out.
It is fun to coupon and see how much you save.. it's like winning the lottery.
I too love BuyLow what great food for such a low price but.. don't eat at The GRILL NASTY promise.

Kate and Wes said...

That is amazing! I have been to there website but I don't think I know how to use it. I would love any help or advice if you have any.

JethRobyn said...

I just signed up to do this too! I'm excited, I hope it will save us some extra funds.

Misty said...

Seriously, I love Buy Low. They are putting one in the SL area, but they haven't announced where yet. I am hoping...Draper!

Christiansen's Hog Heaven said...

Hey Ash,
You will have to let me know how this all works. I am dying to cut down my food budget. Any tips?