Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Car

So....we're all really squished into my teeny tiny, white trash Ford Focus. It's really interesting to have to push the 3 carseats together to get the doors to close. I really love my little car but it's getting time to upgrade. In all reality, my current car is fine and works for us but having a bigger vehicle would be nice. Here are my thoughts on this subject. Sorry if I bore you :)

My car's positives:
Gas milage is around 35-40 mpg
No car payment-it's paid for
Fits into any parking space-it's like little go-kart
Runs great-Never, EVER had a problem with it in the 5.5 years I've owned it
Fits in our teeny, tiny garage
I pretty much only go to the Arts Center and Walmart. Why need a new car for that?
I really do love it and am weirdly attached to it

My car's negatives:
Teeny, tiny
Not super safe for my family
Stick shift- I would love an automatic
AnnaBelle can't put on her seatbelt by herself because it's so squishy!
Can't tow anything (obviously!)

I'm still not sold on the minivan thing yet. I really can't bring myself to get one, even though they are the most realistic and it fits all of my needs. We looked at a few SUV's last weekend but I have some fears about that. Gas milage, won't fit in the garage, another car payment, buying a lemon.

The built in carseats and automatic doors from a minivan would be so nice! Who of you has a minivan? What make and model and what's the gas milage? Tell me your thoughts on your minivan. I love the Mazda 5 but can't find a used one ANYWHERE! Why don't they make stationwagons anymore? Those were awesome!

2 comments:

cwilson said...

We have a dodge grand caravan....we bought it with high mileage (we didn't want a car payment either) and have had to do a lot of work on it. I've heard the Kia's are good?!! They have really good warranties. Minivans are practical and it's nice to have a lot of room. I would definitely look into one with stow and go seating! We don't have that and I really wish we did!!!

Kennedy, Brexton, Sadie, Dallin, Jumper said...

Ash we have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan with the stow and go and love it. Minivans are great when you have little kids. Mine also has the remote doors on the side so I can open for my kids from faraway. They can also close the doors with the ease of a button. I love my minivan, but all my friends have the Honda Odyssey and absolutely love it. Good hunting. We need more cute pictures of that sweet baby boy.