Saturday, November 10, 2007

October Update

Hey All! Sorry I've been out for a while. October was CRAZY! I have a few fun updates though. First of all, right after my last post, we left for Lake Powell. It was such a fun trip! It couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I DESPERATELY needed a vacation. Most of my family made it so that was fun. I will post a few pics.

I was the Assistant Director of the Lehi Children's Theater this workshop session. We finished Cinderella last night. I am glad it's over but it was a lot of fun. I helped sew over 80 costumes for it. That was crazy!

Halloween was last week. We had so much fun. AnnaBelle was a cow and Desiree was a horse. She didn't like her costume and she kinda got too big for it so she just wore a cute Halloween outfit on the actual holiday. AnnaBelle loved trick-or-treating. Our niece Khloe spent the week with us while her mom (my sister Wendy) and my mom went on the Miss America Cruise. It was a funny that she was a cowgirl. She fit right in.

Lastly, it was election time. My brother, Johnny was going for re-election. To make a long story short, I got a little involved and in a little deep water with the challengers but the incumbents won in the end. Actually, they KILLED them! It was great. I am SO glad that's all over but I am sure we'll have to deal with some contraversy that they will come up with. Anyway, October was great.

I have a funny story to share. Last Sunday, Noah and I were fasting and the day was dragging on....you know how that is. Anyway, we were looking for stuff to keep us occupied to make the time go by faster. Noah suggested that we all go outside and play. So we all went outside. Noah, AnnaBelle, Desiree, Tica, me, and the new kitty. Yes....we got a kitty. Don't get me started on that! Anyway, Noah and AnnaBelle were playing baseball. The way they play is kinda interesting. Basically Noah waits for AnnaBelle to swing and then he throws the ball. After a while, he suggested that I throw. So I tried a couple of times but AnnaBelle would miss because I would throw it a second too late. After 3 or 4 times of missing, AnnaBelle said "Mom....you're not very good at this, I want Daddy to throw it." I said "Hey, gimme a chance." So I tried a few more times and missed again... and she said "Mom.....you need to sit down and just watch." That was the end of my pitching. Oh well.

3 comments:

leslie jo said...

Wahoo!! you have been busy! so glad to see pics of your cute girls! I love the heads in the sand pic those are classic.
Glad that the play went well I miss living in lehi and going to all those things that arts council puts on!! Well take care

Natalie Kay said...

Is it a cute pink baseball bat and glove? :)

I missed your posts! Thanks for the updates on everything. I'm so glad Johnny won again, what would Lehi be without him?

I wish I could've gone on the Miss America cruise. Well, I just want to go on a cruise period. When we both get older and richer can we do Miss America cruises together?

Oh, Noel and I found the youtube video of your mom at Lake Powell... SO FUNNY!!!

When's the first Miss Lehi meeting? Noel will be there for sure.

I guess I should've just sent you an e-mail with all the questions and stuff. Oh well. Love you!

P.S. Sorry I didn't make the play. I'm sure you did a fantastic job!

Ashley McKinnon said...

Yes, she LOVES your birthday present. She plays with it everyday.

We can definitely go on the Miss America Cruise when we both have money and our kids are grown :)

We will start Miss Lehi meetings in Feb. Although she can start coming to Jami's interview practices we have once a month. I was actually wondering if you could come be an interviewer? I'll let you know when.

Don't worry about the play! You didn't even need to come anyway! It went great but I am just glad it's over!

Luv ya!
Ash