Sunday, December 30, 2007

After Christmas Update

Hi everyone. It's good to be back and have enough time to blog again. I love the holidays but it really takes it out of me.

Christmas was great. We went to a cabin with the McKinnon side from the 21st to the 24th. It was fun. A couple of interesting things happened like Abe ending up in the hospital the whole time from a sledding accident. There were a few other things but for the most part, we had a great time! Des was sick most of the time so we spent a lot of time in our room letting her sleep. She is such a light sleeper so once you're in the room, you're stuck!

We came home Christmas Eve and went to my parent's house and had dinner. AnnaBelle was so excited for Santa to visit. She was so cute on Christmas morning. She had many presents (thanks to black Friday.) Des just sat and watched and sucked on a candy cane. She played more with the boxes and wrapping than her toys. She got the cutest interactive learning table from my parents. She loves it and plays with it for hours. AnnaBelle loves her new bike. She rides it all through the house (which isn't much.) I can't wait until she can ride it outside with me. I got a new piano keyboard. I desperately need it. I am losing my piano skills since I don't have anything to practice on. I also needed it for singing lessons. It's pretty impossible to teach without a piano. Thank you to my sweet Santa! Noah got a range finder (golf gadget) but he went to Cabella's a couple of days later and exchanged it for something he would use more, which is great. I would rather he gets something he really wants.

It was a great Christmas. It was one of the first since we've been married where it has been tight so we had to get creative. The best part about this Christmas was that it wasn't about presents or things......it was about being together and remembering the true reason why we have this time of year. I asked AnnaBelle what she wanted to give Jesus for Christmas. She said "a hug." I think that's a great gift. My gift is to be my best self. My new resolution this next year is to give people a chance. Sometimes I have a tenancy to judge too quicky and then it's almost impossible to change my opinion. I need to work on that and sometimes turn my finger around at myself. I also tend to evalutate situations or actions without knowing the whole truth. That is what I am going to work on this next year (and to work out more.) I also need to tell those I love that I love them more often especially my wonderful husband. What is your resolution? I would like to know. Thanks for reading.

Ashley

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Hi Ash, I am glad that you guys had a great Christmas! I am so sorry to hear that Abe got hurt . . . gosh, he and Phedra were probably gone the whole time, huh!!? :) I hope that he is okay now.

I like your resolutions. I have many many many! #1 (or pretty high on the list) is going to be kicking my big booty into shape!! :)

Natalie Kay said...

Happy New Year! Oh my gosh, what happened to Abe? Is he okay? Sounds like you had a great Christmas. AnnaBelle and Desi are so lucky to have such great parents and the BEST grandparents!!!

I, as well, need to whip my booty into shape. (Well, not so much my booty...) But I need to fit into my old pants again!!!

Ashley McKinnon said...

Yeah, you have the tightest bootie I've ever seen (or felt.)

That is 2nd on my list. I live 1 block away from the gym and I don't go.

Abe is doing good. He hit into a powerbox while we were sledding and had internal bleeding and a broken rib. Then he got fluid in his lungs which turned to pneumonia. Wow! But he's doing good. We went with them to a movie today and he looked great. Pretty crazy though.