Saturday, March 22, 2008

Things

Does anyone out there watch The Celebrity Apprentice? We love The Apprentice in our house. Noah and I have watched it since season 1. We even have a little dance we do to "Money, Money" during the opening. :) The last two celebrity contestants are America's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan and country singer Trace Adkins. I love both of them but obviously am rooting for the good ole' country boy, Trace. The only thing I can't handle.........he brought into the world the song and lyrics to "That Honky Tonk, Badonkadonk." WHY TRACE WHY? Why would you write a song with lyrics like:

"At that honky tonk badonkadonk.
Keepin' perfect rhythm.
Make ya wanna swing along.
Got it goin' on,
Like Donkey Kong,
And whoo-wee,
Shut my mouth,
slap your grandma.
There outta be a law,
Get the Sheriff on the phone.
Lord have mercy,
how's she even get them britches on
That honky tonk badonkadonk"

Oh Trace. Again....I ask WHY!! But I'm still pullin' for ya Cowboy!

Des is learning sign language. She can sign "more," "full," and "please." Very cute and necessary. She has two deaf cousins that she will grow up with so it's important she knows it. She's a smart little cookie! AnnaBelle can also sign a lot of things. She's really good!

We are doing great. We miss everyone. It seems like we have been anti-social this past week. Maybe because my play ended and I haven't had much adult interaction. Wendy is up for Easter so that has been fun. Her daughter (my niece Kortnee,) cried when she found out that Amanda was voted off American Idol. Bless her heart for being Amanda's only fan. :)

3 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I would LOVE to see your dance to the Apprentice song! I have been watching that show this entire season. I'm sad Carol got fired... she was my favorite. Between Trace and Piers I really don't have a preference. I think Piers will win though. I'm so excited for the finale!

leslie jo said...

That is funny, I can just imagine you shakin it to that song. I have seen bits and pieces to the show this season but I couldn't tell you who is gonna win
That is neat you kids are signing, I too have taught my kids sign. Who are the deaf cousins?

Ashley McKinnon said...

Will (Noah's brother) and his wife Lin have a 5 year old and a 2 year old that are deaf. Lin's parents are both deaf so the gene skipped the first generation and affected the second. They are such cute kids and can hear okay with hearing aids.