Tuesday, February 26, 2008

American Idol follow up

After watching American Idol from my DVR, I've had a chance to really watch the performances and make new decisions. The problem is that the contestants don't have that much time. They have to WOW people the first time or they won't get the vote. Most people don't/won't/can't go back to watch them a second time. Here are my 3 favorite guys. The girls are still fighting because I haven't been wowed yet by any of them....yet.


I just wanted to post before tonights show. I had a couple of comments to add.


Boys

David Hernandez- Great voice! Didn't love the song. Very cute too!

Chikezie- What the crap is that all about? Hated the whole thing!

David Cook- What the YELL is up with his mullet thing? Okay, if you're going bald, just own up to it. Don't try to hide it by using your 4 strands of hair you have left as long and whispy bangs in front. I do like his voice though. Kinda bugs

Jason Yeager- I didn't know Donny Osmond could try out. YUCK!

Robbie Carrico- Forgetable but good voice. Not loving the bandana thing. Does he think he's Brett Michaels?

David Archuleta- LOVE HIM!!!! So stinking cute and amazing! I think he might win the whole thing.

Danny Noriega- I also didn't know that girls could disguise themselves as boys to be in the Top 24. He is so gay! I can't stand guys that take more time on their hair than me!

Luke Menard- What the gay Hugh Jackman is going on? Can't stand him! Terrible singer!

Colton Berry- Wyatt Darling? Oh nope, it's Colton. AWFUL!

Garrett Haley- Nice 1/2 mustache. Seriously, are the judges deaf AND blind?

Jason Castro- I actually REALLY like him. I might have a little crush, okay a big crush. Love the dreads too. Very Lenny Kravitz. Yum!

Michael Johns- I LOVE HIM! He is awesome.


I guess it helps to be named David or Jason huh? Okay....now on to the girls. I am usually harder on them because they should be incredible!


Kristy Lee Cook- Absolutely gorgeous! I think she can be better. I actually like her.

Joanne Borgella- Ick! It was bad!

Alaina Whitaker- I think she could be good too with a little time. Cute too.

Amanda Overmeyer- Oh my heck! This was so bad! What is the beehive all about?

Amy Davis- ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? Flat the entire time. I may boycot the show because people like her make it! I had to fast forward because it was so bad!!!!!

Brooke White- Beautiful! I love her hair. Not my favorite. Hopefully she can pull it out. Extremely uncoordinated too. Does she wear garments because her belly was showing?

Alexandrea Lushington- Sounds like every other girl in past seasons. She didn't belt. She just used her head voice and that bugs me.

Kady Malloy- I think this girl has potential. Hopefully she does better this week.

Asia'h Epperson- I think she's a good singer but I hate it that she doesn't annunciate her words. IE: "Taking evry ittle iece of my art now aby."

Ramielle Malubay-Yuck! Pageant song? Good singer though.

Syeshia Mercado-Didn't love the song but she is really good. Can't wait to see if she wears a scarf. She seems to always have a scarf on. Weird?

Carly Smithson- Her mouth does weird things when she sings. It reminds me of our family's pet turtle, Touche. He died with his mouth open like she sings. She was also flat a couple of times but I think she could be amazing. Sounds a little like Christina (my absolute favorite!)


That's just my two bits. I can't wait to watch tonight. Go Jason (Castro), David (Archuletta), and Michael! Love them!


2 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I hear ya about Jason Castro... I'm falling in love. Hehe!

Natalie Kay said...

My notes from tonight:

Boys Night...

*Michael Johns- Not feeling it tonight. Was not a good way to start off the night in my opinion. (OKAY)
*Jason Castro- Not a great song, but his pre-performance interview was my favorite thing of the whole night! (OKAY)
*Luke Menard- Much better than last week! (GOOD)
*Robbie Carrico- Not good tonight, sorry man. (BAD)
*Danny Noriega- Blah, blah, blah. I hate this kid. Instead of calling for the person to stay I wish we could vote for who to go. If that was possible I would vote all night long. (VERY BAD)
*David Hernandez- I can not get over the fact that he is so attractive! I am in love with this kid and his singing! (FABULOUS!)
*Jason Yeager- It wasn't as boring as last week but it was still pretty lame. (VERY BAD)
*Chikezie- Not bad. I hated him last week but this was alright. (GOOD)
*David Cook- Good. (GOOD)
*David Archuleta- A perfect performance! This kid is amazing, AMAZING! (FABULOUS!)

I gave out two fabulous' tonight: David H & David A. I also want to point out they were two of my favorites from last week. I sure know how to pick them! :)