Thursday, February 21, 2008

American Idol

Is anyone else watching America Idol? What is up with the talent this year? I am still waiting to see someone who blows me away. I do like the kid from Murray. Not just because he's from Utah and LDS. That kid can SING! However, he's not the "whole package." There's not really any girls that are that great. Every time during the "Best of the Rest" stage, I wonder what the HECK the judges were thinking. Why are they picking these people and WHY DIDN'T I TRY-OUT? If this is the best they can find, I think I have a shot. Not really. I am totally kidding but wow, it's pretty bad.

At least Garrit, Amy, Joanne, and Coltin are gone.

Next week to go: Chikezie, Danny, Amanda, and Alexandrea

Week after that to go: Jason, Luke, Aliana, Kady

This stage in the show reminds me of walking past the karaoke bar in Las Vegas and hearing a tone-deaf drunk person singing. Best talent so far? I dunno, Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry are hard to beat. Not to mention Carrie Underwood.

Does anyone watch Lost? I have a love/hate relationship with that show. What the freak is going on? Seriously????

2 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I wrote down comments from both the shows just for fun... I will copy and past them for you.

Girls I Loved:
*Alaina Whitaker #3 - LOVE HER! Great song choice, cute outfit, great shoes! :)
*Alexandrea Lushington #7 - Such a fun performance! I'm definitely feeling the love for her!
*Kady Malloy #8 - I see huge potential for this girl. Love her voice! And I just want to say, her teeth ate perfect!
* Asia'h Epperson #9 - Well, she wins the cutest girl of the season award! She is adorable and a fabulous singer!
*Ramielle Malubay #10 - I'm a big fan!



Indifferent:
*Kristy Cook #1- She looks so much cuter all of a sudden. She was pretty good and I kinda like her.
*Joanne Borgella #2 - I want her to do well in this competition. She has a great voice and a cute personality.
*Brooke White #6 - I liked that her performance was unique. I love her as a person, but didn't so much love her song tonight.
*Syesha Mercado #11 - I really like her, but this performance didn't wow me.
* Carly Smithson #12 - I'm just unsure about this girl. I was a little disappointed.

Hated:
*Amanda Overmeyer #4 - No thank you!!!
*Amy Davis #5 - Umm.... I don't get it.

Boys I Loved:
*David Hernadez #1- Good voice and very good looking :)
*David Archuletta #6- SO ADORABLE! And he's from Utah!
*Jason Castro #11- Good song choice. He was fun to watch/listen to. I would like someone to please pluck/shape his eyebrows. :)
*Michael Johns #12 - I love this guy! Not my favorite song of the night, but he did great.

Indifferent:
*David Cook #3- I actually kind of liked him, just not enough to move him up to 'loved' status.
*Robbie Carrico #5- the the best I've seen of him.
*Danny Noriega #7- Again, I really liked him, just not quite feel'n the love.
*Luke Menard #8- It was okay. Just okay. Hated that ending note though. Okay, he's on the border line of hate.
*Garrett Haley #10 - I didn't like the song, but there's something interesting about this kid. He does remind me of Sanjaya. Ha!

Hated:
*Chikezie #2- Sounded WAY too old school. Looked like a bad scene from a movie. (I swear I wrote this before Simon's comments.)
*Jason Yeager #4 - BORING!
*Colton Berry#9- Teletubbies? Really? Please stop now. Didn't like the song either. His facial expressions are killing me!

Ashley, PLEASE try out for American Idol...PLEASE!!!

leslie jo said...

WE are huge fans with LOST and we too wonder what the heck is going on too? But man it keeps you not wanting to miss it.